Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sunflowers and Stars Dinner

I am not in the business of promoting events, (I weed through a hefty load of emails  asking me to share info, events, new products with my readers, so just a little disclaimer here.) I only post about that which I actually participate in. This is a lifestyle blog, not a PR site. I am making an exception since this dinner feels particularly special (and I will be attending.) You should too!



Come celebrate the last weekend of summer with a Tuscan feast in the famous Colby sunflower fields. Start the evening with a horse-drawn carriage ride out to the sunflower field, cocktail in hand, and meander through the fields picking up appetizers along the way. 

Then take your seat under the sailcloth tent and tempt your taste buds with a six-course meal, using all Colby organically grown and raised produce, beef, and pork; artfully prepared by acclaimed Chef Chris Jackson, of No. 8 Kitchen. All courses are paired beautifully with local beers and wines. Feed all of your senses under the starry skies surrounded by sunflowers. 

Chef Chris draws from his experience at notable Boston and Cambridge area restaurants such as Dante, Tico and Catalyst, offering diners a range of creative dishes that make the most of local seasonal New England ingredients.   

Music and merriment abound in this feast for all of the senses. To remember the night’s festivities, each guest will receive a keepsake wine glass and a photo taken amidst the sunflowers. 

Colby Farms is a family owned business that strives to bring the freshest, tastiest foods possible to your table! 


Have questions? Please email Tara directly at tara@tigerlilysevents.com 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I got this release too. It sounds like a great dinner. I am a huge fan of dinners in the field/on the farm. So great that you're going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well this sounds LOVELY. Wish I could go..look forward to your recap post!

    ReplyDelete