Thursday, June 1, 2023

Real Alcazar de Sevilla
































I feel like this happens to me more often when traveling now - where expectations are very even keeled because I haven't done extensive research. Yes, lets book a ticket for Real Alcazar in Sevilla because why wouldn't we. It's a royal palace. It's Dorn in Game of Thrones! Cool! 

AND THEN I AM THRUST IN THE MIX TO THE POINT OF FULL BLOWN OBSESSION. Expectations, beyond. Royal Alcazar of Seville is outstanding. Last year we renovated our kitchen and primary bathroom so I have been eyeballs deep in tile. I've been to every tile shop and stone supplier in the North Andover vicinity. My aesthetic is more reserved in the name of blacks, whites and grays, with some artistic flair or so I like to think. I've done all the shopping and seen all the patterns. The tile here is out of this world gorgeous and was everything to me. 

The Medieval Islamic Palace is a grand scale fusion of Spanish + Moorish architecture. We spent nearly half a day exploring here. I had no idea the rooms that would be so massive yet intricate, the jardine pathways and mazes, the ornate terraces, everything kept winding and sprawling with tile from floor to ceiling and we were jaws dropping here for all of it.

Real Alcazar - the motherload of tile. 

1 comment:

  1. Loving reading this summary.. You’ve captured it so well. Motherload for sure!

    ReplyDelete