Monday, December 11, 2023

Regards | Portland, ME

I have started writing over on SubstackI'd love it if you subscribedI was seeking a way to re-circulate my blog and email my community when I publish a new post. Perhaps a newsletter of sorts? What I have found on Substack is a large community of very good writers that inspired me to write a bit more, too. Yes, I'll continue to post here, but my hope is that Substack gives me some more visibility. I recently wrote about this very night in Portland, Maine which will publish straight to the inbox of my subscribers. 
On this Mom's getaway we had dinner at REGARDS. I loved our experience here and would fondly recommend it!

They have an excellent wine program and (after cocktails at CBG, Paper Tiger and Blythe & Burrows) we went straight for wine by the glass. Our first was from the skin contact or orange wine section: a Bosman ($16) Fides Grenache Blanc from Western Cape, South Africa. Second, from the whites, a glass of Dorcha ($13) Sauvignon Blanc from Lower Styria, Slovenia, to close out the evening.

To eat, some of the most inventive, thought provoking plates:
casco bay oysters ($10) smoked trout roe, bergamot mignonette
scallop crudo ($24) matsutake xo, chile de arbol, toasted jasmine rice milk
birra tacos ($22) preserved tomatillo, queso oxaco
hamachi collar ($36) shio koji x tare, morita emulsion

547 Congress St.
Portland, ME

No comments:

Post a Comment