Monday, April 21, 2014

Lobster Reef Sauvignon Blanc

Named for the brightly colored rock lobsters that live along the rugged Marlborough, New Zealand coastline, the Lobster Reef family produces unique blends of lively and distinct boutique wines. 
The 2012 Sauvignon Blanc is bursting with fresh grapefruit flavors nicely balanced by some earthy, grassy notes. It lends bright aromas and a generous palate with a refreshing mineral finish. It complimented a dinner of shrimp scampi - buttery, garlicky pasta and crisp shrimp dusted in fresh parsley. Seafood or shellfish are a recommended pairing. 
Lobster Reef wines are a great value retailing at $10-$15. I received this bottle as a sample. (Wine samples are always welcome here!)

5 comments:

  1. I love the bottle. Definitely sounds like a good summer wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wine I need to try - especially for that low price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a reasonably priced go-to sauv blanc. I heard of this wine I think through Meghan (I think) but haven't spotted it anywhere to try yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute label! I always love a New Zealand Sauvy B.

    ReplyDelete