Monday, September 8, 2014

The Barking Crab



I've lived in Boston for 8 years and I've never had a meal at The Barking Crab - until this summer! We meandered over the Fort Point Channel on a warm Monday evening, the place was PACKED. We enjoyed some nice conversations with out-of-towners at our communal picnic table. The views out from underneath the bright red and yellow awning are spectacular; the Financial District illuminated sprawls out before you across the channel. The meal was comped for me this evening but I did pay for the alcohol, which included Zesty Oyster Shooters ($9) and a couple Harpoon Barking Crab White Ales ($6). Kicking off a seafood meal with a freshly shucked oyster in Stoli Hot and hot sauce isn't a bad idea. Our waiter recommended an appetizer when we couldn't decide, the Scallops ($12) had a beautiful pan sear and paired nicely with a corn puree and fennel slaw. I enjoyed my Naked Lobster Roll ($26) and Bob devoured his Stuffed Lobster ($54). Simply prepared, the lobster meat is fresh and plentiful. If you're in the mood to dine on the water in a casual communal setting, socialize with some tourists, and splurge on seafood, this is the place to do it.
88 Sleeper Street
Boston, MA 02210

4 comments:

  1. I've only been there once. and it was too long ago! I should make plans to go back asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I went when I first moved up here... so it's been years! The lobster roll looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been going to the Barking Crab since high school. I can't believe this was your first trip! A huge building just went up in front of The Barking Crab, blocking its view of the Seaport. So disappointing.

    ReplyDelete