Pizza Dough Ingredients:
-2 cups (8 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
-1 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
-3/4 teaspoon salt
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1/2- 3/4 cups warm water
1) In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients
2) Stir in the olive oil3) Stir in the water, adding the last few tablespoons slowly to see if they are needed.
4) Turn the shaggy mass onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and shiny.
5) Rise the dough in an oil covered bowl until doubled in bulk
6) Turn out the risen dough into a floured surface to shape the pizza.I find it incredibly tough to shape a round pizza. Since my pan is round, I let that aid in my endeavor and molded the dough around the pan. I added whatever ingredients I had in the fridge that seemed suitable. I had an opened jar of Bertolli Olive Oil and Garlic tomato sauce, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, onion,
and some fresh basil from my plant.Basil is supposed to be added after the pizza cooks. It becomes crispy in the oven and looses its freshness. I remembered this the second after I sprinkled it on. Not a fatal mistake, I could always top it with fresh basil once it came out of the oven. Adam and I both thought the pizza, cooked for about 12 minutes at 450* came out pretty awesome for my first try. The actual crust was crispy, the pizza dough itself soft and slightly chewy. A crispier crust could obviously be achieved by placing the pizza directly on the oven rack, but I enjoyed the consistency of this one. I could have gone a little heavier on the sauce but overall it was flavorful and cheesy. I love ricotta cheese on pizza.
I've also been busy sorting through my summer wardrobe and perfecting my packing skills. Yes, I am a sunglass-a-holic.As you read this, by now I've touched down in the Sunshine State!! I am vacationing in various parts of Florida; spending quality time with family and friends. My absence is not permanent and I will return with recaps, hopefully sometime in the midst of it all!! My apologies in advance for the lack of blog comments in the upcoming week or two. Just know I am still reading your blogs from my iPhone on the beach!