Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Liberty Bar | Beacon Hill

Out and about in the lovely Beacon Hill neighborhood on a Friday night!
My sister took me out for sushi at Ma Soba. Everything here was just okay! We have high sushi standards. Oh well. Afterwards, we made our way down the street to The Liberty Bar. We stayed at The Liberty Hotel back in December. You can read all about the hotel, the bars, and our stay here. Besides a local overnight indulgence, it has become quite the energetic nightlife scene to mingle over cocktails. We were carded at the door of the hotel and planted ourselves on an empty couch to sip expensive cocktails (all $15) and take in the scene surrounding us in this spectacular hotel lobby rotunda.Quite the people watching experience it is. And apparently a good spot if you're playing the field aka single and ready to mingle. Which we are not. But just throwing it out there, in case you are. The cocktail menu is from CLINK. We thoroughly enjoyed our corner of the lobby and our first round. A Sapphire Darling with Bombay Sapphire, Patron Citronage, Vanilla Bean Syrup & Lime for me and a French Kiss with Grey Goose La Poire, Cassis, Pineapple & Champagne for Leah. Drink envy prompted a second round, this time with Leah ordering the Sapphire Darling. It was quite a tasty drink. I was content to move on and the Winter Sangria with Calvados Brandy, Local Apple Cider & Red Wine at the waitresses recommend was lovely. By the way she was very attentive and super nice.This was after our "we can only afford one drink here" statement. Seems we've made ourselves right at home.It was a slow start to my Saturday but I managed to be productive and a post on the days adventures is sure to come!

215 Charles St
Boston, MA 02114

23 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun night out! I need to try the Sapphire Darling next time I'm at Liberty. Sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the bad sushi, but Liberty sounds like a blast. I'm single and ready to mingle so I will head there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am single and ready to mingle! haha. I can never stop at just one drink at places like this (I'm not an alcoholic, I swear). Last time one of my sisters came to visit me, we went on a bar crawl. I should've included Clink on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun nite! I've heard the same things about ma soba but the liberty looks like a blast. I'm a one drink girl now, so lame. I wonder what happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try drinks at the Liberty Hotel. Looks like such a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I had a very slow Saturday also and I definitely have gone against my "just one expensive Liberty drink" many times. Always worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun night out on the town!! Those drinks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the sushi place but the drinks sure look nice and looks like you had a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clink is always a good time! I love the drinks at the Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sub par sushi is always a downer, but those cocktails are beautiful! Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ya gotta love sister time! Such beautiful smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is such a shame about Ma Soba- Ive actually really enjoyed my experiences there- but I do agree- there is far better in this city. Love the Liberty- glad you guys had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree with you about Ma Soba - been there a couple of times to make sure. Liberty is such a fun spot and it looks like you all had such a great time with some cocktails that are worth a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely don't think you were too harsh. Any place that charges that kind of money should go above and beyond to serve dishes (and drinks) that are worth it. Shame on them! And you gave it more than one go... =/

    Glad you still managed to have a good time with your sis though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, The Liberty Bar looks like my kind of place (though less expensive, in a perfect world!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sushi roll looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

    Happy Monday Darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree that warm sake compensates for subpar sushi! But since any sushi is hard to come by where I live, I'd probably settle for a less than stellar sushi experience anyway!

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Enjoy your trip to Killington!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Liberty hotel! all the bars in there are fab (Clnk, hotel lobby, Alibi).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love finding out about places in Boston from you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that sucks the service was terrible but this post certainly does have me craving sushi now. x


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a necklace from pie n the sky if you'd like to check it out. :) x
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. okay your hair looks amazing. the drinks look so good and now i want sushi. this was, once again, a successful post!

    xo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  22. glad clink. made up for another sub-par ma soba performance

    ReplyDelete