Monday, February 7, 2011

Blissful Brunching @ Sensing

Brunch at Sensing last Sunday was a pleasure. After a nice dinner earlier this month I decided why not pay them another visit. I made my way down to a snow bank dotted Battery Wharf. It was a solo outing today.The host was kind and welcoming as I settled in and he started me off right away with cup of Freshly Brewed Coffee ($4).Smooth and robust with rich cream and two sugars.I appreciated that the coffee pot was left for unlimited self service pours.I settled back in the cozy gray booth and enjoyed the atmosphere. The Caramel Apple Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes and the Caramelized Pear and Pomegranate Brioche French Toasts sounded delightful. But I couldn't deter from my brunch staple this morning, especially after my waitress commented that the Eggs Benedict is her favorite dish on the menu. But before the main course, some tasty orange scones. Accompanied by a little spread of jams. These scones were soft and moist, sweet and crumbly. I slathered one half in raspberry preserves the other saw a spoon full of grape jam.It wasn't long before I convinced myself to splurge on a Mimosa ($8). So glad I did. Bright and juicy, teased with pulp, sweet fruity orange juice with a dry bubbly finish; this was a necessary compliment to my Eggs Benedict ($15) Vermont Jambon, Sauce Hollandaise, Truffle Salsa. First of all, can we talk about these beautiful vegetables?Crisp and fresh asparagus and carrots topped a juicy tomato stuffed with a flaky breadcrumb and herb mixture. Savory baked potato wedges were dusted in herbs de Provence. That hollandaise is buttery, lemony, egg yolk bliss. The velvet emulsion cascaded over two perfectly poached eggs and pooled onto folded slices of high quality Vermont ham. Finished off with a with a truffle salsa, this eggs Benedict outshines most others. Have brunch here someday, won't you?

18 comments:

  1. Eggs Benedict is my FAVORITE breakfast/brunch dish. Those vegetables look simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a perfect sounding brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's official - I want your life. Or at least your care-free attitude about snow and brunch :) I spend way too much of Sunday getting ready for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love eggs bene! i wish my friend's ex didn't work there...we'd totally go but no one wants to see him LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes please! that bfast is absolutely stunning. (and duh k, carrots go with everything) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous. I like the addition of carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those scones are making me hungry. It all looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally going just for the scones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have loved the brunches I have had at Sensing! Let's go in summer when we can sit outside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your eggs look delicious but I dont know how you passed up the Caramel Apple Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes. That sounds like heaven

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally would! And I am a huge sucker for eggs benedict, my very, very favorite breakfast dish! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE reading these posts! You'd be an awesome food critic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely brunch! Those scones sound so good, and I love the idea of truffle salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello lovely :)!

    i really like your blog! looks so nice....your blog inspired me!!!

    i follow you! Please follow me too! Thanks & Kisses ;)

    love your photos.....

    Wish you a great start in the new week :)

    with love
    Mariza
    http://mar-iza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love when they leave the little pot on the table - great place to know about! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete