Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Parc Güell | Barcelona

As it turns out, after dedicating a weeks worth of posts to Barcelona restaurant reviews, I couldn't move on without a tribute to the outstanding 19th century modernist creations of Spanish Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi. His highly regarded organic style captivates widespread international audiences and certainly left a lasting impression on me. Spending time among and within these attractions was a major highlight of this trip!

Presenting Parc Güell, a UNESCO World Heritage sight and prominent landmark in the city of Barcelona. Designed by Gaudi and built from 1900 - 1914, the park is an inspired, skillful blend of art in natural surroundings. A lush landscape from palm trees to evergreens is fused with intricate mosaic facades and statues, sloping columns, bustling terraces, quiet pathways and one heck of a long serpentine park bench. Enjoy!
Located on Carrer d'Olot atop a fairly steep hill in the city's northern Barri Gracia, visitors can access Parc Güell from the Metro stop Vallcarca on Line 3 or via the Bus Touristic which stops right at the bottom of the hill. Admission to the park is free!

12 comments:

  1. The mosaics look so beautiful! And I can't believe this park is free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! This looks like a pretty cool place to spend some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Parc Guell was one of my favorite places! I even bought a mini-version of the lizard to keep in my kitchen, for good luck :) I've really enjoyed reading your posts on Spain, let's me relive one of the best countries I've ever been to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I loved Parc Guell. Your photos make me want to go in the summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote a 20 page paper in college on Gaudi and Spanish architecture, I am obsessed with him. Lovely pics of the park, such a gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredible! Another reason to go to Barcelona! I love your photos - looks like you had such a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parc Guell is my favorite place in the entire world. I have yet to see anything as unique, beautiful and special. Loved your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that looks incredibel and its free! Thats always a perk :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE the parc guell, one of the highlights of studying abroad for sure! all these barcelona posts are giving me wanderlust

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love the vibrant tiles! What a cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving this montage. what an amazing spot!

    ReplyDelete