Tuesday, May 30, 2017

element Seaport Hotel


Hi guys! I hope you all had a fantastic long weekend; Memorial Day Weekend is always one of my favorites! I am here today with a little staycation action from the Friday before last, where we checked into the Seaport District's element Hotel. Although we only checked in for one night - a fun night out in the neighborhood at that; element by Westin prides itself on being an extended stay hotel catering to guests who are in town for a few days to a few weeks or longer. Of course, it worked out for one evening just as nicely! We relaxed in our light filled executive suite before heading across the street to meet friends at The Lawn on D. A few beers + cornhole games later we took a five minute Uber ride into Fort Point for dinner at the always excellent Sportello



The element by Westin is a clean + modern hotel. It's eco friendly, dog friendly, a 10 minute drive from Logan Airport and in the center of the booming Seaport District. 

The view from our room presented an industrial / parking lot area, but rest assured the hip scene is not far. 

The rooms are sharp + spacious. Our one bedroom suite was sparse on décor with just a few pieces of abstract wall art and muted gray tones throughout. 

What I loved:

That Kitchen! The earth-toned glass backsplash literally saves the day. It is awesome to know that a fully equipped kitchen exists here even though we didn't put it to use. There's a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, range top and microwave. It is stocked with cookware, dishware and utensils so you could easily prepare a meal or heat up leftovers.

The Bathroom - so much room to spread out in this spa inspired space with a rainfall shower head and Phamacopia Natural products. The one thing missing?! Bathrobes! I love when hotels give them, and most mornings at home I always cozy up in my bathrobe first thing.

Complimentary Breakfast Bar - That egg sandwich was so key and took the standard breakfast buffet up a notch in my book. I also treated myself to a bowl of Lucky Charms from the cereal bar. Bob had scrambled eggs, bacon + a waffle. 

Additional Features (we didn't have enough time to take advantage of): indoor pool, fitness center, a grill on the patio + bikes to borrow. If we didn't have a somewhere to be the next morning I would have loved to hit up the pool and gym.
I'm now thinking more staycations are in order. Boston has so much to explore and I really enjoy being in-the-know about all the hotels be them new or old and what they have to offer. Thanks so much to element by Westin for the inspiring and restful Seaport staycation!

391-395 D Street
Boston, MA 02210

Our stay was complimentary, all opinions are my own

5 comments:

  1. Ooh I didn't realize Element was an extended stay, nor did I realize it was a Westin. Loving that kitchen! And I love your shirt, too :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scout and I were able to stay at Aloft (across the driveway) last summer and we also got a tour of Element during our visit, which I loved. As a frequent business traveler, I know what a luxury it is to have a full kitchen and a couch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do more staycations :) I'm starting to research where we can stay for NYE, but I also want a room with a kitchen so we can make some apps. Definitely looking into this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks so fun!! we have done a few staycations in boston lately and it's so fun to play tourist for a bit. love that that hotel has a grill area to use, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe how much is popping up in the Seaport! This hotel is a great location!

    ReplyDelete