Thursday, May 4, 2017

Palm Springs | Desert Modern Oasis



I'm completely enamored with Palm Springs, California. This Old Hollywood, Mid-Century Modern, desert oasis awash in palm trees and pools and fine art galleries and bright aqua blues and vibrant oranges surrounded by majestic mountains gives off the best vacation vibes, ever.



Stay @ The Twist. Please look no further than these sparkling clean, perfectly decorated in Palm Springs modernism airbnb apartments located in the Uptown Design District of Old Las Palmas - close to downtown yet secluded from the noise. 




At The Twist your desert pool party consists of a blow up Flamingo, Swan and Peacock. There's a king bed, full kitchen, luxurious couch, a patio with a fire pit, and bicycles to enjoy at your leisure. 



Bob got me a fish-eye lens and I was using it for the first time on this trip / having so much fun with it. I feel like the distorted images work well with this colorful vintage vibe?!



We strolled by artist Elena Bulatova's gallery in Laguna Beach and then again in Palm Springs. Those LOLLIPOPS (and that Popsicle) are everything! All of her art installations were really eye-catching. 



The stylish galleries, retro boutiques and interior design shops along Palm Canyon Drive are really cool - although I admit we mostly window shopped. (Not wanting to miss a moment of that desert sunshine!)




A lot of my love for this city can be attributed to where we stayed and the neighborhood we were immersed in right outside our door. We really didn't have an agenda when in town besides getting in quality relaxation time at the pool and a bike ride to see the area. As style, design, art, furniture and decor is such a major part of this cities vibe, it was great to have a home base that embodied the local flare!



I would recommend travelers with a similar mindset pass on the strip of overpriced hotels located south of downtown. The hotel pool party scene is enticing - but rooms are smaller costing almost double the price and the location (when we drove by) didn't seem nearly as picturesque. I was so close to booking The Ace Hotel and The Saguaro on different occasions before I actually read some of the reviews and before I stumbled upon The Twist. 



I love mid-century modern architecture so biking through Old Las Palmas and The Movie Colony really solidified the vibe of Palm Springs as I imagined it and made me really, really happy. 
 

The entrance to Frank Sinatra's house, below!
 

These houses have perfected mid-century modern style in every element; from the cacti, succulent and rock gardens, to the mailboxes and the house numbers. Everything speaks to you as a unique piece of modern art.

The house below wasn't my favorite but that QUARTZ rock garden was so enchanting.




The Coachella Valley is such an amazing part of California and I'm so glad we decided to spend some time here. Thanks for being so wonderful, Palm Springs!

5 comments:

  1. i would love to go to palm springs. how is it so darn colorful and cute!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me want to book a trip to Palms Spring immediately! I love all of the cool design elements - patterned wallpaper, modern furniture and bright colors everywhere. Also, that peacock pool float is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool looking place that is! Every thing I've seen from Palm Spring has that similar vibe- thinking it would be a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how colorful everything is! I am dying to go to Palm Springs! Your hotel looks so cute.
    xoxo, Jenna
    Boston Chic Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS is on my list! I love the bedroom color scheme/patterns.

    ReplyDelete