Wednesday, January 25, 2012

the hawthorne

1.  phil collins
2.  500A commonwealth avenue
3.  frisee & manchego, chestnut honey vinaigrette
4.  the newest reason to visit kenmore square
5.  “you must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.” rb
6.  thick sweet cognac.deep italian bitters.aged yellow-green liqueur
7.  cheese
8.  meghan drinks an old fashioned while her husband Eric looks on
9.  convenience
10.
  the hawthorne strainer was patented in 1892 in Boston
11.  there's a zebra couch
12.  vodka.cucumber.lime.chartreuse+a metal straw-meets-stirrer
13.  fingerling potato skins
14.  lin and che

15.  deviled eggs, crispy prosciutto, cornichons


cheers, jackson cannon, to a job well done. well done indeed.

19 comments:

  1. Your photos came out so beautiful. That was a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never responded to your email! I'm sorry I didn't make it but it looks like it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Meghan, your photos are awesome. It was so nice to see you! Ps. I like the new blog theme. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photos!! I was really bummed to miss this. Another time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos! I have heard so many good things about Hawthorne, I cannot wait to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely! enjoying the new look, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pics! Too bad I missed this. And I love the new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photography. I'll have the Silver Line please with those deviled eggs. Hmmm....wonder if they're as good as yours?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love posts like this, where the pictures can tell the story of the meal. This place looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im not entirely sure whats going on here but I want to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, The Hawthorne looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i so want to go there! love the font of the resto....and LOVE your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to going there with you guys! Also, I don't think I could ever order a drink called a Dutch oven. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristen, your pics are amazing! You have really grown as a photographer. The lighting in all these and the way you capture the details- so inspiring!

    PS your blog got a makeover- super classy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been reading about this and wanting to check it out. Thanks for the photo tour!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the pictures! We should all do it again sometime soon! (And get some more of those deviled eggs ;)! )

    ReplyDelete