Thursday, July 5, 2012

last meal

Goodbye North End kitchen. I'll miss your dishwasher the most. I've moved to an apartment with an eat in kitchen, it is a bright and airy room all its own with big windows and a doorway. (Oh the little things you appreciate after your kitchen was literally a hallway.) The last meal we cooked in our old apartment (that I documented anyways) was Cuban Roast Pork. It was a hell of an effort, trimming the fat from that massive pork shoulder. Juicing the oranges and limes for the marinade and the Mojo Dipping Sauce. But the pork came out wonderfully crisp and juicy, I served it with a side of English Cucumber tossed in a spicy serrano chili and citrus dressing. This recipe came courtesy of my Bobby Flay Throwdown Cookbook

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move. Two words - housewarming party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am still missing my dishwasher from the last place...hope the new place is just as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems like a fabulous last meal. Congrats on the move! Hope to see you soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great last meal, and best of luck in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last meal sounds delicious! Best of luck in Charlestown! (Also, we have an awesome hand juicer / squeezer from Sur la Table that makes quick work of lemons.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a great hand juicer, too! I agree, great for lemons and limes, oranges not so much. (they are too big)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new place!! And I hear you on the dishwasher...we don't have one, either. But it's actually not too bad after awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you need to invest in a juicer! Those little suckers come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's to changes and moves :) Your new kitchen sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the kitchen shots, bye bye kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're enjoying the new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw. Good bye, North End! Can't wait to see your new place. Hope you guys are settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bright, eat-in kitchen beats dishwasher in my book any day (maybe that's because I've never actually had one...). It looks like you had a delicious "goodbye" dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. tough to leave i'm sure, but hope you create many more meals in your new kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete