Sunday, June 1, 2014

Del Frisco's Grille | Chestnut Hill


The other night we had an awesome dinner at Del Frisco's Grille in Chestnut Hill. Seated comfortably at the bar for the Bruins game; everything we ate blew me away starting with the addictive Blistered Shishito Peppers ($11) dusted in togarashi and yuzu. Togarashi = Japanese chili pepper and yuzu = Asian citrus fruit. We noshed on cute little Ahi Tuna Tacos ($14) with avocado and spicy citrus mayo. The tuna was exceptionally fresh and so were the crispy shells that cradled them. The cocktail pictured is a fun one - the Kilt Lifter ($11) offers well balanced sips of Hendrick's Gin and St Germain with a dash of Tabasco and a splash of lemon.
You won't find it on the menu but the New England Burger is being offered in honor of national burger month. A fried egg and succulent lobster meat are piled atop two flat patties over a fresh slice of tomato and a bed of crisp lettuce. While it sounds a little overwhelming and I even found myself questioning if I could handle all that food under one bun - the first bite and my fears were alleviated. It's surf and turf, burger style, and it rocks. High praise goes to the signature Steamed Brown Bag Fish ($22) which comes with fork tender fingerling potatoes bathing in butter, white wine and basil pesto. The brown bag really served to lock in the flavors and kept the fish nice and moist. A side of Creamed Kale ($6.50) sprinkled with crusted pistachios is terrific. 
If all that wasn't enough, holy mother of Coconut Cream Pie ($10.50). An avalanche of cream and white chocolate shavings, this guy could have fed the entire bar! Go big or go home? Seems to be a theme with this meal. Thanks Del Frisco's!
This meal was complimentary, all opinions are my own 

33 Boylston St. Suite 3370
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful dining out experience. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! after seeing both bianca's and your posts, i must go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing so many good things about this spot. I definitely need to check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. I love that cocktail you had, and I also really enjoyed the fish and the tuna tacos. You have to get the pimento cheese bites next time. (And the kale and brussels sprout salad is pretty awesome too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks fabulous! I need to trek out there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this place. I was afraid the vibe would be too suburban, but it's awesome. The food is top notch. We were too full for dessert, but now I am wishing we had splurged! As always, your pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete