Friday, June 5, 2015

Urban Farmer | Cleveland

Just when I think the Cleveland food scene can't possibly impress any more, Urban Farmer swoops in and serves us a phenomenal brunch in a luxe farmhouse setting. The commanding space features bold and contemporary meets rustic-chic accents. From an ostrich feather lamp and wraparound cowhide booths to pickled vegetable jars for days and weathered oil portraits, the mash up of décor seamlessly blends. They take immense pride in their commitment to organic and locally sourced Midwest ingredients (I feel like everywhere we eat in Cleveland has this down, though). A billboard collage above the open kitchen displays bright photographs of fresh produce, local farms and ranches. 

Located at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, Urban Farmer is a modern steakhouse by evening, however, I guarantee we did it right; I wouldn't hesitate to scope them out for brunch. I want to order the entire menu. Here is a sample of what the group feasted on: 

Brioche French Toast | blueberry preserves, hazelnut butter, Vermont Maple Syrup (P.S. the Golden Waffle says it comes with Ohio Maple Syrup - I'm digging the nod to VT in this dish.)
Farm Eggs | any style, crispy breakfast potato, house made English muffin (so good), choice of fennel sausage, bacon, ham or chicken cherry sausage
Red Flannel Hash | corned beef, fingerling potatoes, beets, ramps, poached eggs, toast (outstanding)

Downtown - Civic Center District
777 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44114

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful space for brunch! I could see myself hanging out there all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bacon looks fabulously healthy! I mean it.

    ReplyDelete