Thursday, February 9, 2012

best eggs benedict.

After a waffle and pancake infused January, I awoke on the first Saturday morning in February craving poached eggs smothered in hollandaise like you wouldn't believe. A dirty martini happy hour at Bacco followed by drinks with a few friends downtown on Friday night prompted a visit to nearby Caffe Nuovo the next day. Their robust Italian coffee teeming with specialty brunch dishes are a splendid way to fend off any trace of the previous nights effects. With homemade lemony hollandaise and a pinch of cayenne over perfectly runny eggs and a lightly toasted English muffin, Nuovo's Benedict nails the essentials and then proceeds with a fanfare of fresh seafood (meaty chunks of crab for her, velvety pieces of lobster for him, succulent shrimp for the next guy) and stellar home fries. Read more about the refreshing establishment that is Caffe Nuovo here.

17 comments:

  1. I'm still a big fan of Upstairs on the Square's eggs benedict. Maybe I've got to give this place a try for a comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a good eggs benny after a night of cocktails. These look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had eggs benedict is ages! Now you have me craving for some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good eggs Benedict (especially after a big night) - but that pinch of cayenne seems like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe I've never had eggs benedict? I often wonder if they can just do seafood instead of bacon but around here I haven't seen such a thing. Looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is further proof that breakfast is the best meal of the day. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, I love eggs benedict - and I love that so many places in and around Boston offer veg-friendly versions of the signature dish, too (so I can still eat it!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing. I love a good eggs Benny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont think I have ever eaten eggs benny before. I clearly have issues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Masa's eggs Benedict will always be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm intrigued. I had an awesome brunch at Area 4 last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, now I'm craving eggs benedict! I often judge the quality of a breakfast/brunch place on their poached eggs and their home fries. Sounds like Caffe Nuovo would pass with flying colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new blog make over! GORGEOUS! Just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loooove having eggs on the weekend- it just always sounds so perfect! I'll have to try this place- thanks! Another one to add to the list!

    ReplyDelete