Monday, February 27, 2012

North End Progressive Dinner Part 4 | Prezza

Dessert
At this point in the evening, my picture taking is getting progressively blurrier, heck I probably shouldn't even be using a nice camera. The four of us were thoroughly enjoying ourselves. Despite all that food, this was a serious booze infested dinner crawl, as I went from perhaps the strongest gin martini ever at Fiore, to a bottle of sparking wine at Mare, a bottle of red wine at Mamma Maria, and now a Bailey's on the rocks at Prezza. They don't skimp on pours, three of us were the recipients of glasses loaded with the stuff. Given the fact that most restaurants in the North End don't serve dessert (kindly leaving it to the pastry shops and caffes) either that or they give you two options (tiramisu and cannolis) Prezza's menu is certainly a rarity and branches out from the neighborhood norms. The grand finale began with White Chocolate Bread Pudding ($10) with vanilla bean ice cream and creme anglaise. It was thick, moist and bursting with balanced sweet flavors. We also shared the Fig and Cocoa Turnover ($10) with a lovely pistachio gelato and port wine sauce. The turnovers were crisp and flaky, beholding rich warm fig with hints of cocoa. The gelato in both instances was perfectly creamy and a thoughtful addition to the desserts
The staff at Prezza were a delight. Despite the restaurant being busy at peak Saturday night dining time, and the fact that we did not have a reservation, the hostess didn't hesitate to seat us at a four top in the crowded dining room, simply to indulge in dessert.

Read my full review of dinner at Prezza here.

15 comments:

  1. Yum, definitely a good stop for dessert! And the staff there was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that Prezza was so accommodating about us just ordering dessert. And I totally don't remember you taking photos of us. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that bread pudding for breakfast right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Prezza! Looks like it did not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one beautiful dessert close up! It looks delicious.

    Happy Monday. Hope the week is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have always been to full to get dessert at Prezza, but obviously that needs to change! What a fun dinner all around

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy wonderful! I love these dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, those little turnovers... yum! i'm going to have to get to prezza soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont think I've ever had Bailey's on the rocks but that sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're inspiring me to plan a progressive dinner of my own now!! This looks like so much fun, and oh my GOD that bread pudding...

    Thanks for sharing, the pictures are great and the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got me craving good restaurant food! Since I've been watching what I eat we don't go often. I always get dessert if we go somewhere nice. It rounds out the meal and I think chefs put a lot of thought into it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you got pictures of all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like the PERFECT ending to the night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a FUN idea- I love these progressive posts. happy birthday to you and III!

    ReplyDelete