Friday, April 13, 2012

Max & Dylans | Mac & Cheese Mania

And the winner is: the Chorizo y Jalapeno mac and cheese!!Can I tell you how fun it is to judge a mac n cheese competition, especially when the other judges are your friends and the restaurant is generously providing beer and wine. At the City Square Max & Dylans I tasted, critiqued and cast my vote for the top five mac n cheese variations submitted via a contest held last month. Runner ups included:
Baltimore Crab and Asparagus mac and cheeseChipoltle mac and cheesePorcini Mushroom and Truffle mac and cheeseMac and Cheeseburger
Honestly, any one of these mac and cheese dishes is worthy enough to join the ranks of the Buffalo Chicken or the Lobster Mac and Cheese currently on the menu (among others.) Special thanks to Susie for inviting us and Max & Dylans for hosting. And congrats to the winning dish!

17 comments:

  1. man i wish i had been able to go to that lol! allll of them sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just drooled all over my keyboard. Although I'm lactose intolerant, I do sometimes like to put away a good mac 'n cheese. And wow!! These are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that mac and cheese looks perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun - I have NO idea how you could only pick 1!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good reason to go to Max & Dylan's! Not that I needed one, but this will get me there quicker :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a winner!! In fact, they all do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look fabulous, especially the porcini and truffle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous that you got to judge this. Looks like they all could have been winners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun tasting. I would vote for the porcini and truffle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this must have been tough. ;) Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much fun judging with you! I need to get back there to eat more mac and cheese. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous event...I can't imagine how great the crab and asparagus version must have been!

    Happy Monday Daisy...hope this week is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, what the perfect excuse to each a ton of mac and cheese. I also love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh, what a FUN event!! I love that you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And now I'm drooling at my desk. Wow, these look AMAZING! Max & Dylan's is on my "must try" list. This post may have just bumped them up!

    ReplyDelete