Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nauset Beach

Last Sunday afternoon Mom and I made our way to Nauset Beach in Orleans
One of the most beautiful beaches on Earth if you ask me; where the deep teal surf retreats from the smooth sandy shores, and the navy ocean waters meet the vast azure sky.
Where the Atlantic Ocean and Lower Cape landscape stretches for miles and miles, as far as the eye can see. Where white dunes layered with sharp green beach grass are perched above tan grainy shores and  pale nickel colored flats at the waters edge are dotted with stones and shells....Excuse me, did I say dotted with? I mean coated with. This beach is a rock collectors paradise! 
We came across large patches of rocks just waiting to be collected on this gorgeous Mother's Day. We walked for miles, watched some brave surfers, and soaked in the adventure of a beach hike. 
It has been a pleasure, Nauset. I hope to see you when the summer sun graces us.

5 comments:

  1. love love love it! i can vaguely recall saying to you once upon a drunken eve: "my vacation is your life!" :) hehe

    JoMammas...pronounced YO mammas? hahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, I'm just lovin' the comments you left on my blog!! Your honestly and openness is amazing! I so get what you were saying. Love ya girl!! So glad I met ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos!! Makes me want to be on the beach right now and not stuck in the office!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! Your photos made me feel a little calmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that beach looks amazing!! It makes my trip to Cape Cod seem like even more of a disaster than I originally thought :(

    ReplyDelete