Monday, May 31, 2010

North 26 | Brunch

I've walked by North 26 located in the Millennium Bostonian Hotel countless times. In fact, Adam and I were walking by Sunday morning with a different brunch destination in mind when we spotted an open table on the patio and decided, why not? The host greeted us warmly and offered the table he noticed us eyeing. 
I started with the Perfect Bloody Mary ($8) made with Crop Organic Tomato Vodka. The name does it justice, this bloody mary not only looked perfect, with all the appropriate garnishes and a neatly seasoned celery salt rim, it tasted perfect too!
Adam ordered the Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Juice ($4). It came in a wine glass, points for being fancy!
It was HOT out but I am loving the heat. You've got to fully embrace the New England weather am i right? Upon placing our orders the brunch dishes were delivered in no time along with ice waters, mini ketchup bottles and jars of jam.
Adam ordered the Red Flannel Hash ($14) consisting of House-cured corned beef hash with two poached eggs and hollandaise. After digging in he exclaimed this was one of the best breakfasts he's ever tasted. He's not the type to use that statement lightly.
North 26's traditional version named the Bostonian Benedict ($13) was flawless. 
I've had many versions of Eggs Benedict over the years. I'm not overly picky - I like my poached eggs anywhere from slightly runny to very runny. 
It is tough to put into words how amazing their signature English Muffins are. Reminiscent of cornbread and grilled until golden brown and crispy on the top with a moist buttery inside, they are the perfect vessel for soaking up every last drop of the runny egg yolk and creamy hollandaise. Slices of thick Berkshire ham were supreme, lightly griddled and smokey. The home fried potatoes were crunchy and seasoned just right. 
I was so impressed with our excellent breakfast drinks and dishes as well the attentiveness of the waitstaff. North 26 might fly under the radar but after today it lands a permanent spot on our brunch rotation!
26 North Street
Boston, MA 02109

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh i'm sooo excited to have stumbled upon your blog! I am a huuuge food lover and have been reviewing restaurants in Chicago for the past year. However, I'm moving to Boston in August and totally need an insiders view on the dining scene in Boston. Your blog is seriously the most extensive, interesting, Boston restaurant guides I have ever come across (and belive me, I've looked. HARD.) Thank you thank you thank you for your reviews!! Keep doing what you're doing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go there for that eggs bene next time I am in Boston. My eyes were wide open looking at those pictures and my mouth was watering! I <3 eggs benedict. ps. I was jealous of the DD from your day in the park too. Oh how I miss it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even really like English muffins and I'm drooling over that one. What a cool library/study area. I might have to check this place out even if it's just to wander through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that does look like a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Berkshire ham topped with those perfect poached eggs sounds so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful hotel! My hubby was in Boston last week and couldn't stop raving about the great time he had. I can't wait to take a trip there again, and I know where I'm going to eat breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, nice pictures! And the Bloody Mary it sure looks "perfect" :-)

    ReplyDelete