Sunday, May 23, 2010

UNH Alumni

Four years ago yesterday
I graduated college. {Be still my heart}
Mike O'Malley aka the host of former Nickelodeon TV game show Guts = Class of 2006 Graduation Speaker. He Rules. (Yes, the Agro Crag was present at Graduation.)
Roommates. Best Friends. Life.
The infamous Buick ride to the ceremony.
Post Commencement cigars.
Sorry, you know me and flashback pictures. I tend to get carried away. One year ago yesterday:
My sister Leah graduated. I'll stick with the one shot for the sake of getting on with this post.
And yesterday. My cousin AJ graduated Pre-Med, Magna Cum Laude. He will be attending University of Connecticut Med School in the fall on a full scholarship. (I'm allowed to brag, right?) So proud of him. He is going for his PhD in Research Medicine. You know, finding cures for diseases and super smart stuff like that. The other graduate in the below picture is his girlfriend Ali.
UNH ALUMNI.
UCONN alumni also runs in the family. My grandfathers on both sides, My Dad, AJ's Dad and AJ's Mom just to name a few all graduated from UCONN.
AJ & Uncle Bill (My Dad).
AJ with his parents. (My Uncle Tony and Aunt Laurie.)
And with his sister Kate.
More glamor shots of the UNH Alumni crew.
And with Kate and Adam. 
The proud family.
The Lost Kids. (I'll explain sometime.)
Coordinating dresses not planned.
Mother / Daughter. Somehow all three of us match.
Check out the crowd. Ok, now I am going to let you in on a little secret to surviving graduation ceremonies. Your own, your sister or bothers, your cousins, etc. The secret revealed....
Road Mimosas!!
Celebrate and Champagne go hand in hand!
You'll have a blast sipping on these and listening to speech after speech, I promise. Especially if it's your 3rd+ graduation attended at the same college. Certain same speeches from faculty members are given year after year after year.
Once you find seats, offer members of your party an "Orange Juice."
They will thank you.
Sing Alma Mater at the top of your lungs. Then pose with family for pictures. (See above)
Great morning. Champagne Buzz in full swing.The party moved to The Riverworks Restaurant & Tavern, in the neighboring town of Newmarket, NH.
I had two Bloody Mary's throughout the course of the afternoon.
Then I posed on the front stoop.
Adam and I shared an entrée which came with our choice of soup or salad.
The French Onion Soup did not disappoint. Neither did the Lobster Mac-n-Cheese.
Yum.
Lunch was followed by Chocolate and Vanilla Confetti cake with fresh strawberries.
It was a fun family celebration as always.
If you happen to find yourself in Newmarket, NH be sure to check out The Riverworks Restaurant and Tavern located at 164 Main Street.
Congrats AJ and Ali. Congrats UNH Class of 2010. Welcome to a family of proud Alumni.

2 comments:

  1. bahhhaha it was QUITE the infamous ride :) love the back in time photos. aw. memories. tear.

    lobster mac and heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud moments those college graduations!

    ReplyDelete