Friday, July 23, 2010

Intermission Tavern | Theater District

Good morning! Today is a Friday off where I have absolutely nothing to do (besides go out to lunch) and I am currently blogging from bed.I have had every Friday off since June and none of them have felt quite like today. I suspect my weekend will be along the same lines, because I have zero plans. ZERO. 

Warning: the following pictures will have your mouth watering, ready to consume an alcoholic beverage at 9 am.
That would be a Lime In The Coconut Margarita from none other than:Margaritas! Margaritas is a Mexican chain restaurant with a bunch of locations throughout New England. Until yesterday afternoon, the last time I went to a Margaritas was in college. The girls and I hit up the Portsmouth location where we proudly presented our freshly laminated 21 year old IDs and celebrated the 21st birthday of the last one of us to become legal.Anyways, yesterday I went to lunch with co-workers at the new location in Medford. The staff including our two hostesses and waitress were super friendly. It is such a nice feeling when people seem genuinely excited for you to walk into their place of employment. I remember the food being pretty good when I went in college and yesterday was no exception. 
The Fish Tacos ($9.95) were soft flour tortillas filled with crispy fried Tilapia fish, home-made corn salsa and shredded red cabbage. I also got a side of rice and black beans. Just look at how colorful that plate is! 
After this little lunch outing my Thursday continued into the Theater District where I had some pre-movie drinks at Intermission Tavern. This is one of those hidden bars, you'd miss it if you didn't know it existed. A theatrical themed tavern located at 228 Tremont Street, Intermission has provided many pre and post movie drinks and bites to eat since I've lived in the city. One of my favorite things about Intermission Tavern is their exceptional 10 oz. martini menu. You get a completely full to the brim pour. There are 17 martinis from which to choose - and all that I've sampled over the years have proven excellent. Tonight I went with the Perfect Vodka ($11) Grey Goose Vodka, splash of Italian vermouth, served with bleu cheese stuffed olives.A martini of pure perfection right there indeed, topped with the goddess of all drink garnishes. Intermission is a fun and lively tavern that is a true hidden gem in the midst of the Tremont Street hustle and bustle. Make them your next pre or post theater drink spot!And then it was off to see Inception at the Boston Common Loews. This was one mind blowing, fist clenching, intense from start to finish, surreal action packed flick. The cast was engaging, mesmerizing, and just brilliant. Writer and Director Christopher Nolan (Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, The Prestige, The Dark Knight) is "six for six" Adam stated as we walked out of the theater in a trance, attempting to bring ourselves back into reality.

Wishing you all a very happy Friday. What are your plans this weekend?

14 comments:

  1. That margarita sounds epic and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Friday...enjoy it. The cocktails and fish tacos look awesome. Hope to catch Inception tomorrow. I've been waiting for a year to see it, but now I am a bit nervous since Shutter Island was a bomb. Also, we're getting blasted by a tropical storm, so hopefully it will let up.

    Be well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy friday!! That margarita looks like a great way to start it off!

    http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did warn me...but my mouth watered anyway for the Perfect Vodka. I love cheese-stuffed olives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to a play tonight - Sweeney Todd! Tomorrow going to see the Mummys around the World Exhibit in LA. Creepy weekend! ;-)

    You seasoned bloggers need to tell me the secret to such wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margarita's and bleu cheese stuffed olives, Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing "Inception" also. I think Christopher Nolan is brilliant! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaahhh we watched Inception on Monday and I still can't stop thinking about it! AWESOME movie. Probably as awesome as that lime-coconut margarita *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sounds of that margarita! It makes me wish I were on a beach somewhere. ;)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing collection of beverages!
    Inception was the best darn movie I have seen in awhile. LOVED it!
    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Out of all those beverages, I want the coffee the most right now.

    I want to see Inception so bad. It sounds interesting, good and weird. Totally up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AAAH! I'm a BIG fan of cocktails and I think I should introduce cocktail hour in our house, I want that Coconut Margarita NOW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love weekends that start out without ANY plans!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having days off is so nice but I often find myself craving the routine of going to work...and yes, having somewhere to go makes one really appreciate their time off!

    Dinner looks delicious, I am such a fan of fish tacos. And I've heard good things about Inception!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I WILL see this, I WANT to, definitely!

    ReplyDelete