Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lower Cape + Commercial St.

Temperatures on Cape Cod on Easter Sunday reached the upper sixties which means it was warm enough to be on the beach in a tank top! I took full advantage.
Mom, Adam and I road tripped about the Lower Cape visiting a number of beaches on the Atlantic side in the beloved towns of Wellfleet, Truro + Provincetown. Cahoon Hollow Beach, Wellfleet Ballston Beach, Truro (North and South Pamet Roads) i love this house.i feel bad for this one.Erosion in full effect :(Swells. Race Point Beach, Provincetown Followed by a picnic lunch and some Right Whale sightings at Herring Cove Beach.After we had our fill of beach explorations we wandered Commercial Street in Ptown.We visited the Top Of The Pot Bar at The Lobster Pot over looking Provincetown Harbor. They make a phenomenal Bloody Mary with black peppercorn, lemon peel & pepperoncini infused vodka (spiciest ever!) and homemade Bloody Mary mix. Even though 5:00 seemed too late for one, I could not resist. Adam drank a Cape Cod Cherry Soda which was an interestingly sweet blend of Plum Vodka with cranberry juice and ginger ale. It was so nice to spend such a gorgeous day on Cape Cod, especially before summer tourist season kicks into high gear. I was so not ready to return to the city and back to work!

18 comments:

  1. I can't wait to spend lots and lots and lots of time at the beach this summer...it looks like you guys had a good time.

    must. get. to. the. Cape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious looking day. I love your tanktop and all the eating and drinking that was to be had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun day - P-town is such a great place to go and window shop, the galleries are especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that beach in Wellfleet. It's one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos! cant wait to get to the cape this summer. i am going to ptown for a friend's bachelorette weekend in june!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I'm hoping for some beautiful weather here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beach photos are making me want to be near water so badly. I only ever visited P town when it was still a little cold. I need to go when it's nice out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue on blue photo op!!

    I can almost smell the beach. Ahhh, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i went to Cape Cod for Easter too! i have family that live in the Falmouth area (not the lower cape).
    sooo pretty, i'm jealous you got to go to the beaches, they look so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been to Race Point and Herring Cove, but I don't think I've been to the other beaches you mentioned. I have some exploring to do! Love P-Town. We almost always go to the Purple Feather for gelato when we're there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that sounds like a lovely getaway. I have never been to Cape Cod but everyone always speaks highly out it. Must check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the lobster pot and their drinks! Def have had the bloody mary before and its one of the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow so many beautiful pictures daisy. I hope we are both on the cape this summer so we can hang out (my best friend bought a house in brewster!). And this drink: Plum Vodka with cranberry juice and ginger ale seems like it was made for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Looks like a fun day!

    Rafe and I need to get to the cape - BAD! I love that you went to Cahoon Hollow - that is one of the beaches we frequent!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pics! Glad you enjoyed the Cape and had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Easter was wonderful with you & Adam! What a beautiful day! So glad we went to 8 beaches and finally saw those beautiful Right Whales!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos...but this made me laugh because when the weather is in the upper 60's we avoid the beach like the plague! It's way too chilly for us and yet there you are, rocking a sleeveless shirt.

    You are so pretty Daisy!

    ReplyDelete