Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Max Brenner Milkshake | Bricco Espresso Martini

1) MILKSHAKES! @ The Chocolate Bar at Max Brenner. Their newest location is at 745 Boylston Street in Back Bay. The milkshakes are phenomenal and that's really all there is to it.
I drank the popular Eighties Milkshake ($7.95) made with milk chocolate ganache, vanilla bourbon ice cream and a crunchy chocolate shell. Tricia enjoyed the Strawberry White Chocolate Smoothie ($7.75) made with white chocolate truffle, yogurt and strawberries. The thick and frothy shakes are served in their signature Alice Cup - the opening rim of the cup is meant to look like the Cheshire cats smile. (Sure, okay!) The stainless steel straws were pretty fun, too!
I must say the staff at Max Brenner are some of the nicest around. I was really impressed with the service here.

2) I will always and forever love the bar at BriccoWith my p.i.c. (partner in crime, yes?) at Bricco. Posed? Candid? Classy? You be the judge. I drank NV Prosecco Brut, Mionetto, Veneto ($9) and an Espresso Martini ($13) Stolichnaya vanilla vodka, crème de cocoa, Kahlua, espresso. Everyone needs a good espresso martini in their lives. Especially me at 1:30 am on a Saturday.

The title of this post is already too long but it could be: Max Brenner Milkshake | Bricco Espresso Martini + more good eats from this week!

3) A Trader Joe's meal. I LOVE their tempura shrimp and veggies. They are my freezer staples for a quick and easy meal.

4) Spaghetti with butter, lemon, parsley, red pepper flakes and sautéed summer squash. Another quick and easy weeknight win. 

24 comments:

  1. i must get to max brenner's and ASAP. if for nothing else for the drink me cup that i semi -well let's be honest- really want to steal lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man. that beet salad could easily be the best salad i've never eaten. ahh. jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm SO glad you went to Max Brenner...did you see their hug mugs for the hot chocolate? genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roasted beet salad is one of my all time faves. if we lived in the same city/area it would so be ON.

    xo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. The salad looks awesome...so does the espresso tini!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally sold on the chocolate bar. Also, like you, sometimes I'm totally sold on martinis at 1:30am! Looks like you've been having a good time recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That salad looks awesomely good...and I'd so be up for one of those espresso tinis...even if it only 9 am.


    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like one of everything I just saw!! I didnt even realize Max Brenner was open, but I really want to go and have a milk shake. Sounds delicious! Looks like you've been having fun lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That salad is gorgeous!

    And the smoothie & milkshake glasses are killing me with their cuteness. A straw slot? Can all of my glasses have one of those please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore beets, so yummy! I had a great espresso martini on Monday at Sonsie. . . dangerously good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Eighties Milkshake looks heavenly! As does that espresso martini.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. The presentation alone of that salad is worth it! Cannot wait to try max Brenner - looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. My mouth is watering! This all looks so good, especially your milkshake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe love this. def. CLASSY :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice write up about the new Max Brenner shop. I agree with your comment about how nice the staff is. A friend of mine is one of the bartenders there and he's a sweetheart. I wrote about the quick visit but your pics are better and I've yet to try the food.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Daisy, everything looks delicious, specially the milk shake...cute glasses :-) Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like to call salads filler food but that one does look like it would tasty yummy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have been dying to go to Max Brenners!! I'm going for a bachelorette party next month, but might have to stop in before then as I have a bit of a milkshake obsession :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought a few goodies from Max Brenner's but MUST go back for that milkshake. Yum! And I might be going out to dinner in the North End next week...Bricco is a good option.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll take all 3 please! Seriously though, we need to go to MB together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You need to call me next time you come out to Westboro!! And I'll take all three as well : )

    ReplyDelete