Thursday, August 11, 2011

Presently Loving

It has been awhile since I last told you what has me smiling on the regular. You know, the post where I round up my latest random tidbits of inspiration. (See: Lately Loving and Currently Loving) Anything goes from beer and cocktails, to nail polish and fashion, to people, places and foods!
[Anderson Valley Summer Solstice Ale]
I am always intrigued by new-to-me cans, Anderson Valley Brewery's Summer Solstice sold me. This cream ale offered something vastly different than what I am used to drinking out of a can. Then again, craft cans are not as rare as they used to be. With a distinct maltiness combined with mild hops, a subtle sweetness and a delicate hint of spice, this copper colored ale is smooth and refreshing, especially in the summer heat.

[Feather Hair Extensions]
I got mine attached at Joi Salon on a whim about two weeks ago by the lovely Kellyn Jones and they've been securely in place ever since. They can be washed, brushed, blow-dried, straightened and curled, basically, they can be treated just like natural hair. I like them lots and am already tempted to get a few more! At $15 each (five or more are $12 each) they certainly add up. For now, I'll keep it classy with my small cluster of three.

[Roofdeck Drinks]
From Friday morning coffee to Sunday Funday champagne and everything in between, we've been attempting to make the most of our shared outdoor space and the view that comes with it. (Not a great one by any means, but it is what it is.)

Party Pics
Aboard The Odyssey with Boston Food Bloggers.
@ the John Mariani Book Signing Party at BiNA Osteria (Photo credit: Stuff Magazine)
Del Frisco's dinner event where Elizabeth and I discovered a common love for the movie Ghost and lines by Oda Mae Brown. (Photo credit: Fun and Fearless in Beantown.)

The beach & boating

Llai Llai Chardonnay
From Bio Bio Valley in Southern Chile, the winery notes describe it best: This wine is very fresh and crisp with lots of minerality and vivacity. It is well balanced with a combination of apple, pear, citrus flavors, floral notes and little touch of iodide. With a gold color like clear yellow flower petals, this wine is very attractive, offering a long and intense finish.

Sephora for OPI On Stage
This round up would not be a complete set without my nails! The latest swoon worthy color is an opaque shade of Gray Plum. I've had it for a couple years now and love it more each time I select this bottle off the medicine cabinet shelf. Why yes, I do happen to have an entire shelf in my bathroom mirror dedicated to nail polish. Come on, I know I'm not the only one. What little things have got you smiling lately?

19 comments:

  1. Off the top of my head? Grilling almost every night, my coupon book (don't judge), and coming home exhausted but totally fulfilled from my new job. Life, my friend, is very good these days. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts! I need to do one myself soon, there are just so many things to love about summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAH. Awesome. Omg, you have no idea how many people I've tried to convert to Ghost-fans since then. I swear, a few times a week I'm like, Have you seen Ghost??! A viewing party needs to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun post! I am loving Geary's Summer Ale - had one at Neptune Oyster and immediately bought some to have a home! I am also loving actually spending time and exploring the city this summer - not having to pack up and head out every weekend has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Summer Solstice as well! I'm also currently lovin' getting things together for the new house, cooking/eating outside, and sleeping. A lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...I have two shoeboxes full of nail polish under my bathroom sink. I need to start a third. I don't see this as a problem. Cheaper than shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all! The feathers are fabulous, that just goes without saying. And I love the necklace you're wearing in the Del Frisco's pic.

    And last but not least, the gray plum nail polish is amazing!! Your good taste is certainly not limited to food, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last day of work!!!!!! That has me smiling! Yay! Love this post. Makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your polish and that ring in the last couple pics is AWESOME!! xo-C

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very intrigued by that beer, I love a well designed beer can and who could say no to that moose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that purple polish! i too am savoring the final month or so of roofdeck drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the polish and can't wait to try the Chardonnay - always looking for a new bottle to try.

    Margaritas DEFINITELY have me smiling right now. I certainly had my fill in Texas, and recently discovered the SkinnyGirl mix, which I am in love with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a nail polish obsession too.

    That ring is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such gorgeous photos!!!
    purple nail polish has been my recent obsession- i love this hue, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all these images! Great feather extensions and lovely stacked ring!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i want feather hair extensions SO BAD. i should get on that before summer ends!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was waiting to see if you'd mention nail polish :) What a lovely shade. I always enjoy these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE that nail polish color!! Need to get it! Also love that you got a feather hair extension! I can totally see that on you...don't think it would work so well with my curls haha! I heart summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. from coffee to champagne, love it!

    i adore your ring!

    ReplyDelete