Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Boston Common Coffee Co.

Last Friday my camera was tucked safely away in my suitcase and a 12pm departure time to Falmouth for a friends wedding was fast approaching. Perhaps the shortest Summer Lunch series to date, there was no time for a leisurely meal so I opted for something quick and reliable.
Boston Common Coffee Co. is a cozy North End coffee shop located at 97 Salem Street. I've mentioned them quite a few times before; their coffee, baked goods and paninis remain top notch. Their cozy living room space offers free wi-fi, so often I'll head over with my computer when a change of scenery from my own living room is in order. One of my favorite paninis, basically a glorified grilled ham and cheese is the Hanover ($6.75) which satisfied as the second to last (ah where did summer go?!?) lunch. Black Forest Ham is paired with sharp cheddar cheese and bacon, which gets topped with an apple chutney and pressed between 7 grain bread. All paninis come with a free side salad, of either mixed greens, white bean, tabouli or tortellini. I chose the white bean, a lightly dressed mix of chickpea and kidney beans. It was noon after all, so I had already sufficed my coffee craving with a cup or two at home. I washed lunch down with a favorite sparkling citrus beverage, Orangina, just in time for our ride to the Cape to arrive. It was a weekend full of wedding festivities, which I'll be sure to recap once I have a moment to go through all the pictures!

21 comments:

  1. I love cute coffee shops and am even more impressed when they have good savory food. This place looks awesome!
    PS - I'm hosting an awesome giveaway today only... just figured I'd let you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that first shot! and this place sounds like a gem, i'll have to keep it in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. reminds me of Alterra Coffee in milwaukee...local = best ! sounds excellent, i will keep it in mind when i visit my friends who live in boston :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i lived in the north end, i would always head over to boston common coffee for a panini and the chickpea side! yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes simple is best! You live near the greatest holes in the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my friends used to work there last summer. I love their sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks like a great little meal, way better than anything you would find at the airport

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer seriously flew by...I can't believe the SLS is coming to an end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The panini sounds really yummy there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh - Apple butter with ham - that sounds delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to the last lunch -- though I wish it weren't the last! This summer went way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you stayed safe during the storm. Loving the panini.

    Be well

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely images! Love Orangina, such a yummy drink!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. the bean salad looks yummy! i used to drink orangina all the time as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am fixated on your Orangina because I absolutely love them and haven't had one in ages. I feel so European when I drink them.

    Where did the summer go? I totally wonder the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Apple butter??! I could eat a jar of apple butter. I must try it on a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is a BCC located a short walk from my office. They do great latte's and their sandwiches are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like a fantastic panini - the bean salad on the side looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks like the perfect quick lunch! great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Orangina!

    I am also loving your nail polish, lady. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete