Monday, August 1, 2011

Wharf District Parks

An evening walk for ice cream, watching the sunset on the Greenway, followed by a stroll through Christopher Columbus Park - this is a glimpse of summer in my back (front?) yard. I took these in the beginning of July (when I got my new camera) - which seems like forever ago!I thought the whimsical element of the bright carousel set against the modern industrial buildings made for some fun photos.The Wharf District Parks within the Rose Kennedy Greenway are one of my favorite spots to stretch out with a blanket and a good book. And maybe a Purple Cow Frappe. Families and friends flock to these lively and energetic parks that span the length in between Surface Road + Atlantic Avenue flowing north. The Christopher Columbus Park just next door welcomes you to the North End with plush green landscapes. It is largely defined by a trellis running the length of the park and opposing waterfront views. It is dotted with unique fountains and bright flowerbeds. For springtime photos of this park, be sure to check out an old post.Happy August!

18 comments:

  1. We are 90% unpacked and hopefully I'll be going home to a new grill and some Internet. I plan on spending a lot of summers on the patio with cocktails and the grill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Greenway! I definitely want to spend as much time outside as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are gorgeous! Seriously, that sunset is fabulous. I forgot about that carousel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh lovely pictures with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos with the new camera - fun playing tourist in your own city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos - love the ones of the carousal especially. The rest of the summer will be spent with lots of trips to Maine and NOT freaking out about school starting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pretty! I'm hoping to feed my face off at the Fisherman's Feast this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos! You're making me see Boston in a wholeee different light :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how beautiful Boston is in the summer...so green and vibrant. It makes the long winters worth it, doesn't it?

    I will not be enjoying the rest of the summer much...today is the first day of Ramadan which will conclude on the 30th. It's going to be a long, hot month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a talented photographer! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics - all making me itch to get a new camera too! So nice seeing you twice this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rest of my summer is spent packing and moving - and FINALLY getting into our new house to do some work before moving in! It will be busy, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy August! I want to get as much time outside as I can this month...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics! I love what the city has done with the Greenway :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay these pics are amazing. I'm getting that camera.

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous photos!!! I see my office in the distance : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Greenway is such an amazing addition to an area that used to be quite blah. Your pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete