Friday, August 31, 2012

life, lately.

August has been intense. I have traveled every single weekend. But around here, there is still so much to explore. I have been visiting local bistros, bars and cafes, and soaking up the atmosphere and architecture. I love to wander the quaint and charming side streets lined with elegant gas lamps, discovering colorful painted doorways and stained glass windows.  We have also been cooking and grilling quite a bit, hosting BBQs and visitors, and I've been whipping up fun summer cocktails like St Germain Margaritas (Espolon Blanco, St Germain, fresh squeezed lime) and Sage-Advices (homemade sage simple syrup, prosecco, lemon). I've been on a serious homemade chicken salad kick, mixing in red grapes, chopped walnuts and celery, seasoning it with dill and fresh garlic chives (that I grew in my garden!)

Yes, I have a garden. It is lacking produce, but abundant with herbs, greenery, a lush dogwood tree, and a few colorful flowers. I'll have to take some photos.
The endless slew of weekend travel included a wedding in Chicago, a bachelorette party in Newport and then a trip to Cape Cod. One of my favorite days all summer was spent with my Mom on Chapin Beach in Dennis. We collected sea glass and driftwood on the flats and went swimming a lot. 
Wedding season is still going strong into September, I'm looking forward to seeing more of my dear friends get married.  
So that's what is up with me. 

How was your August?

11 comments:

  1. Your St. Germaine margarita sounds heavenly. Glad you get to relax and enjoy one at home every so often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos (as always)! Sounds like a busy but lovely August to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually been on a chicken salad kick too lately but I used green grapes and almonds. I'll have to try it your way soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sea glass is so pretty! My August, definitely a whirlwind. I hadn't even stopped to think about it until just now. I'm excited for what the fall has to bring

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! I've had a super busy August too. I was in Newport, then my sister was in town, Hubby has been traveling for work. It's just been crazy. I can't believe it's Labor Day this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. august has been such a crazy month for me- moving, weekends away, family in town, dealing with 80lbs of peaches... looking forward to relaxing this weekend :) love that chicken salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. August went by in a flash. Well, the whole summer did! It looks like you has a busy August but a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom and I missed our turn on the way back from Portsmouth Friday and ended up driving through Charlestown... it's so cute and quaint. Sounds like you've been making the most of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I envy all your great trips! That's what I love about New England...so many places are easily accessible.

    Hope you are having a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos! You have definitely been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your chicken salad looks lovely, and I can only imagine how nice it must be to add ingredients that you grew!

    ReplyDelete