Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yarmouth House

Yarmouth House is a family owned an operated restaurant that has been a presence on Cape Cod for over two decades. They provide consistently delicious meals and top notch service in a warm relaxed atmosphere. After visiting with Dad and the puppies - Adam, Mom and grabbed seats at the bar where we were graciously welcomed by the bartender and a few minutes later greeted by the manager, Ted Zambelis. You can't miss him bustling about the dining room, welcoming regulars and out-of-towners with a firm handshake and a smile.
The bartender prepared an olive oil infusion in front of us, later topping it with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and serving alongside it a bread basket.
Adam and I both started with an excellent Lobster Bisque ($8.50). The velvety soup was loaded with chunks of lobster. I'm talking whole fresh claws of succulent meat. This bisque is  plentiful and hearty.From the hors d'oeuvres menu, this is the Seafood Sampler ($10.95)We've got an apple-wood bacon wrapped scallop, a plump shrimp served over a crispy polenta cake, and a piping hot oysters rockefeller. 
Not a seafood lover? You still can't go wrong and as cliché as I sound right now, there really is something for everyone.  If you are ever vacationing in or around the Mid-Cape area, check out the  Yarmouth House is located at 335 Route 28 in West Yarmouth.

After our impromptu dinner we headed back to Mom's house to relax. She has dueling hammocks in her backyard garden. I closed my eyes for a little bit but wasn't tired enough to actually nap.
I wandered around the backyard and admired Mom's gardens. She has multiple small plots with everything from a vegetable garden growing tomatoes, snap peas and broccoli to an herb garden sprouting fresh basil, rosemary, tarragon and chives. Potted succulents and cape cod beach treasures adorn the yard.
She also made a key lime pie.
Smooth, creamy, sweet and slightly tart.
Amazing.

10 comments:

  1. Great photos. Amazing chunks of lobster in the soup.

    That pie looks marvelous. As a native Floridian I am a big fan of the KLP.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime you want me to come down to the Cape with you, I'm game! Can I have that lobster soup like now?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know (in fact I don't think) you're interested but I have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The seafood sampler looks yummy! Can't beat seafood in New England!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgous yard! The seafood sampler looks great and I bet it was a bargain at the bar. I need to take advantage of bar specials more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow wow you weren't kidding about the lobster chunk bisque!

    tell your mom the yard looks amazing and i will be recreating the shell basket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Yarmouth House sounds to die! Mom's backyard is absolutely gorgeous. I wish could pick up and move out of the city immediately. Just lovely! I wouldn't be able to resist taking a nap in the hammack either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm that lobster soup looks crazy good! I always say that if I could live anywhere else it would be up in New England and I've never even been there - I just feel like the food would be so good and picture every building right by the water lol.

    http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww we used to go to the Cape every summer when I was little, and my sister always chose Yarmouth House for her b-day :)

    ReplyDelete