Friday, December 4, 2015

Hei La Moon | Chinatown


Co-workers and I have been frequenting Hei La Moon for Dim Sum lunches for as long as our company building has been downtown (three years now!) We'll introduce newbies, bid farewell to those moving on, or we'll straight up satisfy a craving for the insanely good Chinese food only those rolling carts can deliver. I've actually never photographed a Dim Sum lunch! But I felt the need to preface my first dinner here with the background for my deep running affections.

Last Friday four of us gathered at my favorite wine bar, Les Zygomates. We lingered over funky glasses of wine, $1 oysters and live Jazz at before wandering over to Chinatown and deciding on Hei La Moon. Dinner at this Dim Sum emporium is just as fantastic as the aforementioned midday feast. There's no carts rolling at the later hours, but they continue to offer the dim sum menu in addition to the classic Chinese dishes you crave. There was crab Rangoon, scallion pancakes, steamed roast pork buns, general Gao's, pork fried rice and sizzling chicken in black bean sauce, washed down with magic tea and TsingTaos. This is what my perfect Friday-after-work evening in Boston looks like.

88 Beach Street
Boston, MA 02111

6 comments:

  1. I haven't had chinese food in years!! It's actually never a cuisine I think about, although I do love it (i mean, who doesn't?!). Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to take more advantage of Boston's Chinatown whenever we move back there! I recently discovered Portland's, and can't wait to dive in. This place sounds perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live for scallion pancakes. I can tell from your photo that this was a great version of my go-to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Janice, we’re glad you liked the recipe! We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that your friends and family enjoy these as well. I will be trying these! Can I just say I LOVE your blog. Everything I have made is always so delicious! You have the best recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place sounds perfect, I can tell from your photo that this was a great version of my go-to.

    ReplyDelete