Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Pearl Harbor | Oahu


[Aboard the USS Bowfin]




[USS Arizona Boat Tour]
I was moved by Pearl Harbor - how can you not be? It was one of the main reasons we wanted to spend time on Oahu. We arrived to a mass of crowds at the entrance gates before realizing you just stroll right in, entrance is free. Additional attractions once you enter will require a paid ticket - (we chose not to partake since these required shuttle buses offsite.) The USS Arizona does require a ticketed time but is also free of charge. Be sure to grab this right away - we arrived at 10 am and got on one of the last boat tours of the day around 2:45 pm. Touring the USS Bowfin Submarine was a big highlight - it felt very poignant and I took a ton of pictures. It is really cool to look back on and remember what it looked like, and felt like. 

This wraps up the southern Oahu portion of our Hawaii Honeymoon series! I have some Turtle Bay + North Shore photos I'll share next! We honeymooned in June and I've been recapping everything we did throughout the summer. All of my posts and recommendations are linked under the US Travel page

No comments:

Post a Comment