Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tapeo Tapas Bar x Freixenet Cava Truck

Last Wednesday evening the Freixenet Cava Truck rolled into town.
Their first stop on a four day stint in Boston landed them on Newbury Street at Tapeo Restaurant & Tapas Bar where an exclusive preview party and tapas tasting was held.
It was about 962 degrees on the tiny street level patio, numerous bloggers were in attendance and I have a feeling I suffered from a minor case of heat stroke. Rarely will you hear me complain about the weather; I'm one to embrace the seasons, summer heat included. Unfortunately, small crowded spaces and intense heat does nothing good for my well being. Before I became uncomfortable and had to duck out on a whim, the Freixenet Cava kept me cool and passed plates of tapas delighted.
Freixenet (pronounced "fresh-eh-net") is best known for their "black bottle bubbly" Cordon Negro Brut. It tasted refreshing (as one might expect given the name!) with flavors of crisp green apple, hints of tart lime and a long dry finish.
Here is a look at the passed tapas platters, all of which are offered on the menu at Tapeo.

{Tapas Frias}
Tortilla Espanola - Egg potato and onion omlette
Aceitunas Alinadas - Marinated Olives
Jamon Serrano - Cured Ham with tomato

{Tapas Calientes}
Empanadas - Savory beef and chicken filled turnovers
Buenelos de Vedura - Cauliflower & broccoli cheese puffs
I also sipped on a Key Lime Sparkler made with vanilla vodka, triple sec, lime and a touch of cream, topped with a cava. Additionally, there was a pitcher of Sparking Sangria on hand. I spun the wheel and won a "Survival Guide". Thanks Freixenet!! For up-to-the-minute info on the trucks whereabouts, follow them on Twitter or like them on Facebook.

266 Newbury St
Boston, MA

16 comments:

  1. I was bummed I was out of town for this, but the heat probably would have gotten to me too. And I had no idea it was pronounced like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see you there - it *was* a total scorcher though! The bubbly was a nice way to kill the heat and I loved those bunuelos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish i could have made it to this event!! that tortilla, omg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive never been to that tapas place- i am big Tasca fan. The food looks delish though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun event. I would've tried the cheese puff thingys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun event, despite the humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Daisy, the tapas look so yummie, specially the empanadas...nice pictures.
    Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, it was hot! but hopefully the bubbly helped cool off :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cava truck?!?! I'd like to have that parked outside my apartment :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got such lovely photos! It was wonderful to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is way to fun and I ALWAYS want to eat tapas! Any events this summer in Boston I should know about? I always find about them after the fact (through your blog)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. for a second there i thought this was a cocktail truck and was about to go get a business license.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like fun! Sorry I had to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats my kind of truck haha! Oh man I can imagine how uncomfortable that must of been with that heat last week! It was ridiculous!! Even so looks like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete