Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Five Things to Love About Legal Harborside

1) Location. Legal Harborside boasts prime waterfront property in a vibrant, fresh faced area of South Boston. The recently developed Liberty Wharf is now home to ultra modern buildings housing multiple restaurants. I was excited to head here with friends after work and finally see this newly developed area of the city.
2) Views. The third floor roof is a popular scene that was crowded upon arrival at 6pm and  filled up as the night progressed. Despite the crowds, the open air views of the vast harbor offered a true sense of serenity.
3) Cocktail Pitchers. Strong, lust worthy, refreshing cocktails that are easy to sip. Pitchers that come in sizes small enough for you and a few friends to sample ($10) or large enough for groups to share ($20).
Equally worthy are the St Germain Cocktail or the Seaport Spritzer - the former pairs the widely appreciated artisanal liquor with Rose Cava; while the Spritz is prosecco, Aperol and grapefruit.
4) Roof deck Bites. While the third floor is not the place to order a meal (yet) the complimentary bar snack mix and the $5 pita chip and dip selections will hold you over until dinnertime. I'd choose the hummus with za'tar spices again over the kalamata and fig spread.
5) Lobster Rolls. The all day menu is served on floor one in an informal dining area surrounding an open kitchen and raw bar. The first lobster roll of the season proves a worthy contender. Freshly shucked native lobster is lightly dressed with a celery mayo and generously piled on a soft buttery roll with piping hot fries and tangy coleslaw. 
We avoided an hour plus wait for dinner by settling on an open table boasting a street view of Northern Avenue rather than the optimal waterfront scene. At that point in the evening we had our fare share of views and it was all about the food! 

270 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210

23 comments:

  1. Anyplace on the waterfront gets points in my book. I've never been to a Legal Seafood b/c of the dearth of options for me, but I could totally enjoy some pita and za'atar hummus on the roof deck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen it from the outside, now I just need to get in there - I have heard amazing things and the location cannot be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reallyyy need to get here ASAP! I'm usually a Legals fan, but have never tried the lobster roll. Pitchers of cocktails?! Count me in!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to replicate this entire meal! Thinking this weekend is just the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Your photos are gorgeous and though Legal doesn't tend to have many vegetarian options, I would go for the cocktails and bar bites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would get dizzy on those stairs after drinking that pitcher... and I consider myself a pro at these things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite my traffic anxiety getting there, I had a ton of fun! And I was glad to give you a ride home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks fabulous! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious! I have been meaning to get to the new location, now I want to go even more!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it there too! was just there for dinner/drinks on Thursday...haven't been up to the roofdeck yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i need to explore the waterfront more! those cocktails... i'm on a kick :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to try! Everything you wrote about looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love places that serve pitchers. If you just refill your glass when its about half empty throughout the night then its like you only had done glass

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely love all of those things! And No. 6 spending an evening there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love any place with a great view :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is very nice! One can only dream.. trapped in a Office work :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of this food looks so good!

    http://blog.badjoan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just visited Harborside on Friday night...it's gorgeous!! That roof deck is seriously amazing. I've always loved Legals...going to the one out in Natick all through my youth, but this was the first one in the City that I've ventured too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. that lobster roll looks incredibly tasty! Nothing beats the first one of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to try Legal Harborside. Everything looks fantastic! And you can never go wrong with a roof deck!

    ReplyDelete