Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Great Island Beach | Wellfleet

Great Island is a a hidden gem of a beach on the bay side of Wellfleet with tourist free shores that stretch for miles. It was a scorcher of a day, even the water was exceptionally warm. It was perfect for lengthy swims to cool off in between soaking up the sun and venturing on long walks.
The rocky expanse stretches over a good portion of the sand, not a bad place to search for beach treasures like sea glass, wampum and unique rocks and shells. Besides the gorgeous landscape, this funky lean-to driftwood beach hut called for a photo shoot.Salty, sandy, relaxed and rejuvenated - this is what summer days (make that weekends) are made for!

16 comments:

  1. Even though I'm bummed you couldn't come out Saturday night, I totally understand why you escaped to the Cape! Hopefully you feel more recharged for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect beach day! I fear that the one time I've been the cape this summer may be the only one (due to late summer business) but it sure was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are killing me with this post! I wish I was at the beach today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect summer day. Pretty much all of last week I was wishing that I was at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous day! I want to go to there - now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this beach too, and I love Wellfleet. Your pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, what a fabulous friday :) i need to spend more time on the cape... it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pebbles on the beach- all the photos look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some gorgeous photos! I've sadly never been to the Cape - but I'm hoping to remedy that next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take me back! So glad you Cape'd it this weekend! It was very memorable. Thanks for these beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need a serious Cape escape! Love your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post! I've never been on the bay side of the Cape - how's the water there?

    BEAUTIFUL pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to agree with Megan, I need a Cape escape pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The beach pics are beautiful! I would love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post rocks! Very few people have written about this beach and I think some are confused because it's at the end of Griffin Island Road. Nice work!
    -Ben

    ReplyDelete