Friday, July 15, 2011

Osushi | Dinner

I adore Osushi not only for their fantastic menu offering authentic Japanese cuisine with clean, fresh ingredients and bright flavors, but for their sleek stylish ambiance, their extensive sake menu and their overall consistency as an establishment.
The stylish single room interior embodies a timeless sophistication with a modern edge. I have been visiting this Back Bay restaurant located inside The Westin Copley Plaza ever since I moved to Boston over 5 years ago. From dinner with out of town guests, to date nights, to lunching solo, to my most recent dinner with my sister, Osushi impresses year after year, visit after visit and the food remains reasonably priced. Here is a look at what my sister and I noshed on just a few weeks ago.
We began with Popcorn Shrimp Tempura ($9) a heaping portion of lightly battered rock shrimp served with a spicy aioli. A simple appetizer executed well proved a nice start to the meal.
The Zuke Maguro ($12) contains cubes of tuna, mango and cucumber topped with wasabi micro greens served with a spicy wasabi vinaigrette. The sweet juicy mango and crisp mild cucumber complimented the star ingredient in abundance, the fresh tuna. Onlookers next to us grew intrigued by this dish (off the specials menu) and they were easily convinced from our rave reviews that they would be ordering it as well.
Next we shared an order of Spicy Tuna Maki ($9) your classic tuna, cucumber and spicy aioli livened up with playful elements of potato crisp and cho-jung sauce.
The Fried Oyster Maki ($12) was summer in a roll with an abundance of of crispy oyster highlighted by cucumber and mango wrapped in lettuce. We drank a bottle of Hakushika Snow Beauty - a delicate and well balanced Jumnai Nigori Sake. 
It was an enjoyable evening highlighted by smooth service and delicious food that touched on some classics while also feeling inspired and creative.

10 Huntington Avenue 
Boston, MA 02116

P.S. Head on over to Beantown Baker where today my post is featured as part of a year long series called Friday Faves. The author and baker extraordinaire, Jen, decided to feature a different blogger she admired each Friday all year long. I am honored to be chosen, thanks for the love, Jen!

I am off to Laconia, New Hampshire in t-2 hours to attend my younger cousin Kenny's wedding. I am excited for a mini getaway and to spend more time with my extended family who have flown in from Florida, Georgia, California and Iowa! I hope you all have a great weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend! I can't wait to see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Have fun at the wedding and see you Sunday also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. off to see your post. Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend!! NH is the summer can be so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time at the wedding. You deserve some time off, you're the hardest working chick in blogging.

    Be well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend sister--and thanks for the camera info!! Helped more than you know (deer in the headlights)

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah we have the same camera :

    1. I uplad all pictures into FLICKR
    2. Often I crop pictures so this does change size.
    3. In flickr you can choose the size you want between original, large, medium, etc, I always choose medium to paste into posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh enjoy the weekend ... and be sure to eat some wedding cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again for participating! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on being asked for this! I love this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your guest post! Going to check it out!

    http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete