Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Winnisquam Wedding

Who doesn't love a good wedding recap? The wedding I attended last October was one of my most popular posts and the one in February saw a lot of love too. So without further a due, the marriage of Kenny & Jex. Kenny and Jex were married at 4:30 pm on a what couldn't have been a more picture perfect Friday afternoon on Lake Winnisquam in Laconia, New Hampshire. The White Mountains overlooking calm lake waters served as the quintessential backdrop for exchanging vows under a white trellise shaded by tall oak trees.The reception was held under a large tent, the table setting embracing a pale blue and white color scheme.
Lake Winnisquam provided not only a fantastic ceremony backdrop, but a lovely landscape for family photo shoots. (After we hit up the open bar of course!) These are a few of my favorites:The food was served buffet style and all of it was excellent. I was impressed with everything from the clam chowder to the spicy shrimp skewers, to the flavorful Cajun chicken and the perfectly cooked potatoes, green beans and carrots. My cousin Brett, a fellow Marine served as the Best Man.And you pretty much know how it goes from there....Goldschlager shots back at the condos....So much fun! What about you, attend any good weddings lately?

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! Dave's sister is getting married in two weekends and I can't wait! Dress, cake, dancing. I am SO excited

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love a good tent. the bride looked gorgeous and love your dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! I really like the lights around the tent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved the setting, her dress, him in uniform and you in THE DRESS!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love a good wedding?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful wedding! I haven't been to one in a while but I have to say that I love how the ones you attend are so un-stuffy and just full of family and fun and friends. Over here it seems to be a lot more about, "how can I top what someone else did?" It drives me bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love weddings but I've only had one so far. I have three more but all in the fall, cannot wait! One is in the Dominican!!!

    Looks like you had a blast with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such a fun wedding - this summer we only have 2, which is rather nice compared to the 6 last summer! But then there is mine, so that is a bit overwhelming to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! This totally made me tear up. What a beautiful setting, a happy looking couple, great food, perfect weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so beautiful - including you and your fam! And men in uniform - swoon!

    What a beautiful setting for a wedding. I don't have a single one to attend until fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a gorgeous and fun wedding! I have a few coming up in the fall for some college friends - they should be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks like a good time. Goldschlager shots at the end of a night sounds like the perfect way to end an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Beautiful wedding!

    Im your new follower!

    AllGlamThings

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful wedding and such delicious food! I went to Lake Winnisquam for the first time recently. It is amazingly beautiful there. I am loving my new home in New Hampshire. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous - glad you had fun and I'm jealous about the late night swimming :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful recap! It was a very lovely & fun wedding! Who chose me again to be the "DD"?!

    ReplyDelete