Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Winnisquam Wedding

Who doesn't love a good wedding recap? The wedding I attended last October was one of my most popular posts, and the one in February saw a lot of love too. So without further a due, the marriage of Kenny & Jex. Kenny and Jex were married at 4:30pm on a what couldn't have been a more picture perfect Friday afternoon on Lake Winnisquam in Laconia, New Hampshire. The White Mountains overlooking calm lake waters served as the quintessential backdrop for exchanging vows under a white trellace shaded by tall oak trees.The reception was held under a large tent, the table setting embracing a pale blue and white color scheme.
Lake Winnisquam provided not only a fantastic ceremony backdrop, but a lovely landscape for family photo shoots. (After we hit up the open bar of course!) These are a few of my favorites:The food was served buffett style and all of it was excellent. I was impressed with everything from the clam chowder to the spicy shrimp skewers, to the flavorful Cajun chicken and the perfectly cooked potatoes, green beans and carrots. My cousin Brett, a fellow Marine along with Kenny, served as the Best Man.And you pretty much know how it goes from there - dancing...drinking.......dancing.......the bouquetdancing...lighting fireworks off the dock....Goldschlager shots back at the condos....late night swimming...


So much fun! What about you, attend any good weddings lately?

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! Dave's sister is getting married in two weekends and I can't wait! Dress, cake, dancing. I am SO excited

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love a good tent. the bride looked gorgeous and love your dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! I really like the lights around the tent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved the setting, her dress, him in uniform and you in THE DRESS!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love a good wedding?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful wedding! I haven't been to one in a while but I have to say that I love how the ones you attend are so un-stuffy and just full of family and fun and friends. Over here it seems to be a lot more about, "how can I top what someone else did?" It drives me bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love weddings but I've only had one so far. I have three more but all in the fall, cannot wait! One is in the Dominican!!!

    Looks like you had a blast with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such a fun wedding - this summer we only have 2, which is rather nice compared to the 6 last summer! But then there is mine, so that is a bit overwhelming to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! This totally made me tear up. What a beautiful setting, a happy looking couple, great food, perfect weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so beautiful - including you and your fam! And men in uniform - swoon!

    What a beautiful setting for a wedding. I don't have a single one to attend until fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a gorgeous and fun wedding! I have a few coming up in the fall for some college friends - they should be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks like a good time. Goldschlager shots at the end of a night sounds like the perfect way to end an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Beautiful wedding!

    Im your new follower!

    AllGlamThings

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful wedding and such delicious food! I went to Lake Winnisquam for the first time recently. It is amazingly beautiful there. I am loving my new home in New Hampshire. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous - glad you had fun and I'm jealous about the late night swimming :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful recap! It was a very lovely & fun wedding! Who chose me again to be the "DD"?!

    ReplyDelete