Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Disney's All-Star Music Resort

All this blogging about the Walt Disney Theme Parks you must be wondering where on earth did I rest my head after riding Expedition Everest four times and drinking in every country imaginable at the World Showcase. Well curiosity aside my friends because I'm here to let you know I stayed in the fabulous All-Star Music Resort. All Star Music is one of Disney's Value Resort Hotels located inside the park grounds, however not within walking distance. Guests of Disney resorts receive the benefits of Magic Hours and Fast Pass as you may have noted us taking advantage of in previous posts. Staying inside the park is key for these reasons alone. The value resort family includes two other hotels, All Star Sports and All Star Movies. All Star Music is the only value resort offering family suites which are advertised to sleep up to six guests. This cheap and affordable option worked well for our group. It was admittedly a bit small for six adults, but since we spent such little time here all we really needed was a place to rest our heads and to shower. (Two full bathrooms were key). Something like this would be perfect for a family visiting with young children. The palm tree lined grounds are pristine and the guitar shaped pool is huge and heated though we never had time to use it. Our suite was located in the "Calypso" building decorated with massive maracas to represent the classic music genre. Other building themes include jazz, country, rock-n-roll and Broadway show tunes. With rates from $82 per night plus tax for a standard room, $190 for a family suite, this bright and whimsical Disney Resort is quite a deal. The resorts central lobby "Melody Hall" is decorated with iconic musician photos and houses the Intermission Food Court, Maestro Mickey's shop and the Note'able Games Arcade.Now let's talk about the best brunch this side of the resort gates.
Kona Café at the Polynesian Village Resort was the first stop on our last day in Disney. We had been neglecting proper breakfasts in lieu of line free roller coasters, but today it was time to get our fill. Two words: Tonga Toast ($10.99)Banana stuffed Sourdough French Toast rolled in Cinnamon Sugar and served with a Strawberry compote and your choice of ham, bacon or sausage. It was scrumptious and sweet with every inch of bread coated in coarse cinnamon-sugar crystals. The compote was a blend of fresh strawberry and yogurt which I drizzled generously over the thickest slice of toast I've ever laid eyes on, stuffed full of pillowy banana. The sausage brought the savory. A visit to the Kona Café at the Polynesian Village is a fun option for brunching in the Park! I was completely stuffed and ready to take on our last day at Hollywood Studios. Only one more recap of Florida life to go.....

1901 W Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32836

14 comments:

  1. Tonga Toast! Yummy!! That looks so good. All these posts make me want to go back to Disney : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me you dove or floated around in that guitar shaped pool. Cool!! And pass the Tonga toast. YUM-MEEE

    xoxo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, next time in Florida I have to make sure that I try this Tonga toast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh stuffed french toast is one of the best things on Earth. Reading your Florida posts in December it makes me feel like me trip is coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too usually go for a salty/savory breakfast, but I do love stuffed French toast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy- dang. I just want to pick that up with my hands and eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela and I had a great dinner at Kona Cafe 2 years ago! I loved exploring the Polynesian hotel too, the fake beach w hammocks was the perfect place to wait for our table. If I ever go back I'll try Tonga Toast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tonga Toast- oh wow. I bet that was heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Disney World and your post made me want to go back. Next time I go, I will definitely stay in a resort within the park. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This place looks amazing! And so does the Tonga-toast! What a fun trip.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun place to stay! Tonga toast looks intriguing! =)p

    TONGA TOAST! TONGA TOAST!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Disney - so glad you had so much fun, I'm jealous :) And wow, that french toast looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete