Friday, December 3, 2010

Welcoming December

It is December 3rd and the holidays are in full swing around here!
I got started on my Christmas shopping last weekend. Last night we bought our tree.
Little Drummer Boy is playing in the background as I type this post.
The first Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Latte was consumed yesterday.
Aren't the holidays grand?
I scored some great deals at Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic last Sunday,
in between admiring the Faneuil Hall tree right outside the shops.
She's a beauty!
We purchased our tree at Exotic Flowers, also located in Faneuil Hall.
It is tradition to purchase an overpriced and way-to-big-for-our-tiny-apartment tree. We carry her home, move around furniture, dig up the Christmas supplies from storage (fingers crossed they didn't perish in the flood like some of my winter sweaters), spike some eggnog, and decorate the night away!
Crazy to think it is year number three of our city Christmas traditions.
Quincy Market at night.
The difference between a $50 tree and a $70 tree is displayed above (told you they were $$$.) No way we are spending $70 on a Christmas tree. The one where you can see Adam's hand pointing, that's ours!!
She's a beast.
OMG. Wish us luck.

13 comments:

  1. Your pictures look so pretty and festive! Can't wait to see your tree after it's all done up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love Christmas trees! Your pictures are beautiful! I feel so festive just looking at them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What festive and gorgeous pictures. The big lighted tree is beautiful. I am a new follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures!!!! I work around the corner and still haven't ventured over to see the tree. Your tree shopping adventures look epic. Can I have some spiked eggnog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I hope you guys have a wonderful time with the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have fun decorating! I'm hoping we get ours up this weekend too asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the tree! It looks huge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally prefer the cheaper tree! Now I am suddenly inspired to go purchase my overpriced tree as well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I think I'm reading your posts backwards because I saw that you put up a beautiful tree! I love the pictures you took of the city. Makes me so happy! I love this city even more (if that's even possible) during the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tree. Can't wait to see it decorated. All your pictures put me in the holiday mood! (I think I've already had at least 15 peppermint mochas!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love Faneuil Hall! Daph and I went there many times while he was here and we've since named it "our Spot." LOL.

    Great tree, too! Yay! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your closing line "omg wish us luck!" aw i bet it looks SO good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray for all of the holiday festivity in this post!!

    ReplyDelete