Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Turner Fisheries

Last Wednesday I had the pleasure of dining with my friend Michelle at Turner Fisheries located in The Westin Copley Place. We had a chance to catch up over holiday martinis and seafood entrees inside the tastefully designed space. Gazing out the striking seven foot French-café windows overlooking the falling snow in Copley Square was pretty and serene. (It was just a light dusting last Wednesday, nothing like the 2 foot storm we are experiencing as I type this post!) The Turner Fisheries website and menu boasts a small paragraph explaining that they use only fresh sustainable seafood from ethical and eco-friendly sources and are dedicated to supporting sustainable fishing practices that avoid over-fishing and environmentally destructive methods. It is a positive focus and I applaud their commitment to the environment. Michelle and I talked up a storm (aka took for-ev-er to order) as we were content to sip our martinis and snack on a bread basket. Our waiter remained patient and understanding throughout our lengthy meal. We never felt rushed even when we were the very last table in the restaurant. We shut down the place, where the heck did the night go?!
It went to martinis, for starters. Feeling festive, I sipped a Poinsettia ($14) made with Stoli Cranberry, Prosecco and Cranberry Juice. On our waiters recommend we ordered the Seared Diver Scallops ($15) which were plump and meaty alongside a sweet butternut ragout with hearty dashes of white beans and tomato. Following on that high note my entrée of the Seared Ahi Tuna ($34) was excellent.  Artfully stacked cubes of the freshest quality sushi grade tuna with an orange sesame crust sat atop an edamame succotash with a ponzu glaze. The soy sauce based glaze with bright citrus flavors and hints of sweetness complimented the clean fish and tender edamame, corn and peppers in the succotash. After dinner, another round of martinis were in order. The Harvest Martini ($14) with Stoli Vanilla, Apple Pucker, Butterscotch Schnapps & Apple Juice was sticky sweet, it definitely made sense to order it as dessert! For our actual dessert we decided to split the Grand Marnier and Cranberry Creme Brulee ($7) which was everything you'd expect with a sharp crackle of burnt caramel exposing a sweet creamy custard.
I am glad Michelle suggested dinner here, it was great to catch up over a lovely seafood meal!
10 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

15 comments:

  1. This place looks amazing. I can't believe the portion size of the tuna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad we caught up on some one on one time! Hope we can catch up in person again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great food and a commitment to sustainability. Fantastic combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! We had our office holiday party at Turner Fisheries and everyone loved it. I'm putting it on my list of favorite seafood restaurants now. Plus I love the location - so close to all the shopping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors of the succotash with the tuna are fantastic. So glad you had such great service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! i have to check this place out. the scallops, dear god.

    ReplyDelete
  7. any restaurant you can hang out in until closing has to be good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm scallops are one of my favoritess!! Ahh I wish I lived close to this place~! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tuna and creme brulee, ahhhh, delish! Hope you are staying warm up there, my deer! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, wow. That's an awesome sized portion of tuna! :) Glad you enjoyed your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw. Wish I could have joined you ladies, but I'm happy you and Michelle got to catch up and enjoyed a nice dinner. The creme brulee sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the cocktails are screaming out to me! you know i love cranberry so that one is a must at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The entire meal sounds great. And I love when a restaurant matches great food with great services. Sounds like 5 stars to me!

    ReplyDelete