Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Year 2015

It is time for a little reminiscing on an amazing year. I am very grateful for all of it. Thank you, 2015. 

[January]
Travel - We kicked off the year with plenty of skiing in Maine and Vermont

Boston Restaurants - I had a chance to experience East by Northeast before they closed a few months later / Discovered Besito serves really good Mexican food in Chestnut Hill.

Coconut Curry Lobster Noodles @ East x Northeast + Tres Leche Cake @ Besito

[February]

Travel - Jetted off to Northwestern Canada where we skied in Alberta at Banff and Sunshine and in British Columbia at Revelstoke.

Boston Restaurants - enjoyed a terrific meal at the new Earl's in Assembly Row


























[March]
Travel - It was all about the USVI and BVI this month. My cousins picture perfect wedding on St. John / a day trip to Water Island / 5 days on Virgin Gorda / a day trip to Anegada / a day at Coki Beach on St. Thomas / This trip is one of my favorite to reminisce on - I still get lost in the Caribbean landscapes and lifestyle; sparkling teal waters, azure sky, pristine beaches, fish tacos and painkillers for days, snorkeling with tropical wildlife for hours....

Boston Restaurants - checked out the new Japanese Hot Pot Shabumaru in the Westin Copley / Feasted on Skrei (premium Norwegian Cod Fish) at Legal Harborside

[April]
Travel - The day we all hiked and skied Tuckerman Ravine in New Hampshire was one for the memory books!

Inspiration - Despite all of the Caribbean Sun in March, I was still okay returning home to Charlestown and the snowpocalypse
























[May]
Travel - Again with the travel posts taking up an entire month! I was really encouraged and inspired by my press trip to Cleveland, Ohio. If you are going to send me to a city and pay for my flights, hotel, dinners, drinks and experiences, you better believe I am going to soak in every detail and write honestly about it all in return. (Hint: I plan vacations for friends + family all the time and am AVAILIBLE for press!)

Boston Restaurants Select Oyster Bar was one of my favorite openings of 2015. If you haven't checked them out yet, make it a point to get there in 2016!
Inspiration - In a rare moment of downtime - home at my apartment on Bunker Hill Street in Charlestown. This is where I lived for a moment in time and it was so, so glorious!

[June]

Travel - All about New England this month: a weekend in Newport, Rhode Island / a weekend on Martha's Vineyard + a phenomenal dinner at Red Cat Kitchen in Oak Bluffs. 

Boston Restaurants - I had been neglecting to keep up with the restaurant scene posts for months, so I started a series of "where I've been lately" roundups. The June edition includes five all time favorites: Highball Lounge, Eastern Standard, Row 34, Island Creek Oyster Bar and Shojo.

[July]

Travel - The annual girls trip brought us to Charleston, South Carolina. Notable restaurants we visited: Bin 152, FIG, Poogan's Porch and Chez Nous. Additionally, Bob and I spent the 4th with his family on Lake Winnipesauke.
Inspiration - The Hendricks Gin Flying Cucumber. One of the coolest things I've ever experienced! You have to see it to believe it!

[August]
Travel - We spent a glorious amount of time outdoors. The month kicked of with back-to-back hiking and camping weekends in The White Mountains: Mount Madison + Osgood which was followed by Mount Washington + Dolly CopFrom there we took a week off and made the rounds: Bob's sisters house on Lake Winnipesauke --> A quaint Bed + Breakfast in Wellfleet --> my Mom's house in Yarmouthport. I actually didn't post anything about that week - it was a much needed escape for family time, us time, lake time and beach time. 

Boston Restaurants - Had a wonderful meal at Babbo Pizzera with the girls. I have recommended Babbo to quite a few friends and co-workers, everyone's feedback has been overwhelmingly positive / Tempo in Waltham treated me to a delicious evening.  
Inspiration - I partnered with Ribera Y Rueda Spanish Wines on their Si What's Next Campaign and had a ton of fun! Also, I moved in with Bob in Newton!

[September]
Travel - This summer we got an ORV beach pass + a paddleboard and had a lot of memorable weekends on Crowes PastureSeptember is particularly great because it is still warm and all the tourists have faded out.

Boston Restaurants - Checked out Southie newcomer Coppersmith at their soft opening. 


[October]
TravelOREGON ROAD TRIP. Bob and I on the road for 9 days. It was incredible. We visited: Portland, the Columbia River Gorge, Astoria, Cape Disappointment, Shipwreck Beach, Cannon Beach, Newport, and the Willamette Valley

Boston Restaurants - The October round up edition features favorite spots in Allston + Brighton! Deep Ellum, Devlin's, The Breakfast Club (pictured) + Thai North,


























[November]
Boston Restaurants - The November round up was for two newcomers: Branch Line in Watertown // Gracenote Coffee Roasters in the Leather District. And two old favorites: Granary Tavern in the Financial District // Silvertone in Downtown Crossing. I also attended a slew of media dinners: Masa Taqueria in Woburn, Not Your Average Joe's in Waltham and Liquid Art House in Back Bay.

Inspiration - We hosted Thanksgiving! I took a hard hat tour of the under construction Godfrey Hotel located on Washington Street in Downtown Crossing right across the street from my office. 
 
[December]
Boston Restaurants - Another big month for dining out in Boston, most notably at Clio for their Final Service. There was dinner at Lincoln 51 (above) with the ladies, Loretta's Last Call with my sister, Seasons 52 with Bob, and Dim Sum at Hei La Moon

Inspiration - My sister, Leah, started her own blog: Joy of Outside - definitely check it out! Her and Alex hosted our family Christmas complete with an amazing Hot Chocolate Bar.
Travel - The Green Mountains to bring in the new year with friends!
I feel really lucky for it all. I hope everyone is having a great start to 2016!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a year!! I'm especially jealous of your Tuckerman Ravine experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos and delicious eats! What a great year!
    Going to read Leah's blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome year. I always love your photos and this collection is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved recapping your year! If 2016 is anything like 2015, you guys are in for a real treat! Looking forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to reflect back on an amazing year! Great post. Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible year! So cool to look back and remember everywhere you've traveled, the delicious meals enjoyed with friends and of course, the people, places and things that inspired you. Cheers to an equally amazing 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your 2015 recap of delicious foods and the great outdoors!

    ReplyDelete